- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: NLGN2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human NLGN2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 630 - 680 of NLGN2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NLGN2 antibody can be used for detection of NLGN2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: NLGN2 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. NLGN2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the NLGN protein family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 92, 99 kDa
Observed: 80, 97 kDa
- PURIFICATION: NLGN2 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NLGN2 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NLGN2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NLGN2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Neuroligin 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_065846
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 30840978
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57555
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Neuroligin 2 (NLGN2) is a member of a family of neuronal cell surface proteins that localize to the post-synaptic membrane (1,2). Neuroligins are thought to act as splice site-specific ligands for beta-neurexins and may be involved in the formation and remodeling of central nervous system synapses (2). NLGN2 has been shown to control perisomatic inhibitory synapse maturation together with gephyrin and collybistin, thereby regulating GABA receptor clustering on neurons (3,4). NLGN2 also exhibits differential functions at different types of inhibitory synapses on the same postsynaptic neuron (5).
- 1: Ichtchenko K, Nguyen T, and Sudhof TC. Structures, alternative splicing, and neurexin binding of multiple neuroligins. J. Biol. Chem. 1996; 271:2676-82.
- 2: Bang ML and Owczarek S. A matter of balance: role of neurexin and neuroligin at the synapse. Neurochem. Res. 2013; 38:1174-89.
- 3: Poulopoulos A, Aramuni G, Meyer G, et al. Neuroligin 2 drives postsynaptic assembly at perisomatic inhibitiory synapses through gephyrin and collybistin. Neuron 2009; 63:628-42.
- 4: Jedlicka P, Hoon M, Poulopoulos T, et al. Increased dentate gyrus excitability in neuroligin-2-deficient mice in vivo. Cereb. Cortex 2011; 21:357-67.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7969
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.