- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: NKX2-2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human NKX2-2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 90 - 140 of NKX2-2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NKX2-2 antibody can be used for detection of NKX2-2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: NKX2-2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other NK2 homeobox family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1465 - Rat Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: NKX2-2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NKX2-2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NKX2-2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NKX2-2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NKX2-2 Antibody: NKX2B, NKX2.2, NKX2B, Homeobox protein NK-2 homolog B
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002500
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4505401
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4821
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NKX2-2 Antibody: NKX2-2 (NK2 homeobox 2) is a member of a family of transcription factors that are involved in embryonic development and cell fate. NKX2-2 is crucial in the development of pancreatic islet cell differentiation and activates the ghrelin-promoter in these cells. NKX2-2 is expressed at the onset of pancreatic epithelium formation and becomes restricted to mature α-, β- and PP cells, and in NKX2-2-null mice embryos, all β-cells and most a-cells are replaced by ghrelin-positive cells. NKX2-2 is also thought to be involved in ventral neuronal patterning and floor plate development and commissural axon guidance.
- 1: Sussel L, Kalamaras J, Hartigan-O'Connor DJ, et al. Mice lacking the homeodomain transcription factor Nkx2.2 have diabetes due to arrested differentiation of pancreatic beta cells. Development 1998; 125:2213-21
- 2: Prado CL, Pugh-Bernard AE, Elghazi L, et al. Ghrelin cells replace insulin-producing beta cells in two mouse models of pancreas development. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 2004; 101:2924-9.
- 3: Hill JT, Chao CS, Anderson KR, et al. Nkx2.2 activates the ghrelin promoter in pancreatic islet cells. Mol. Endocrinol. 2010; 381-90.
- 4: Briscoe J, Sussel L, Serup P, et al. Homeobox gene Nkx2.2 and specification of neuronal identity by graded Sonic hedgehog signaling. Nature 1999; 398:622-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6743
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.