- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: NIK antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human NIK.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of NIK.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NIK antibody can be used for detection of NIK by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 104 kDa
- PURIFICATION: NIK Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NIK Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NIK antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAP3K14
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NIK Antibody: HS, NIK, HSNIK, FTDCR1B, Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 14, NF-kappa-beta-inducing kinase, HsNIK
- Protein Accession Number: Q99558
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 92090612
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9020
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NIK Antibody: Nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB) is a ubiquitous transcription factor and an essential mediator of gene expression during activation of immune and inflammatory responses. NF-κB mediates the expression of a great variety of genes in response to extracellular stimuli including IL-1, TNFα, LPS and mitogens. A serine/threonine protein kinase which mediates NF-κB activation by IL-1, TNFα and CD95 was identified recently and designated NIK (for NF-κB inducing kinase). NIK is an activator of IκB kinase alpha and beta (IKKα and IKKβ). Therefore, NIK is a key molecule in the NF-κB signaling pathway leading to the induction of a variety of gene expression in response to proinflammatory cytokines and bacteria products.
- 1: Malinin NL, Boldin MP, Kovalenko AV, et al. MAP3K-related kinase involved in NF-κB induction by TNF, CD95 and IL-1. Nature 1997; 385:540-4.
- 2: Regnier CH, Song HY, Gao X, et al. Identification and characterization of an IκB kinase. Cell 1997; 90:373-83.
- 3: Woronicz JD, Gao X, Cao Z, et al. IκB kinase-β: NF-κB activation and complex formation with IκB kinase-α and NIK. Science 1997; 278:866-9.
- 4: Ling L, Cao Z, and Goeddel D. NF-κB-inducing kinase activates IKK-α by phosphorylation of Ser-176. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1998; 95:3792-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 1129
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin