- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rabbit: (95%), Pig: (95%), Bovine: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Nhe-1 antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human Nhe-1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Nhe-1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Nhe-1 antibody can be used for detection of Nhe-1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of Nhe-1 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1465 - Rat Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 52, 90 kDa
Observed: 50, 90 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Nhe-1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Nhe-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Nhe-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SLC9A1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Nhe-1 Antibody: APNH, NHE1, NHE-1, APNH1, APNH
- Protein Accession Number: P19634
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 127809
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6548
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Nhe-1 Antibody: The Na+/H+ antiporter (Nhe-1) is a ubiquitous membrane-bound enzyme involved in pH regulation of vertebrate cells and is specifically inhibited by the diuretic drug amiloride and activated by a variety of signals including growth factors, mitogens, neurotransmitters, and tumor promoters. Nhe-1 acts as an anchor for actin filaments to control the integrity of the cortical cytoskeleton. This occurs through a previously unrecognized structural link between Nhe-1 and the actin-binding proteins ezrin, radixin, and moesin, collectively referred to as ERM proteins. A structural role for Nhe-1 has been proposed in regulating the cortical cytoskeleton that is independent of its function as an ion exchanger. It is also thought that Nhe-1 play a role in hypertension.
- 1: Mendoza SA. The Na+-H+ antiport is a mediator of cell proliferation. Acta Paediatr. Scand. 1987; 76:545-7.
- 2: Denker SP, Huang DC, Orlowski J, et al. Direct binding of the NA—H exchanger NHE1 to ERM proteins regulates the cortical cytoskeleton and cell shape independently of H(+) translocation. Mol. Cell. 2000; 6:1425-36.
- 3: Cingolani HE, Rebolledo OR, Portiansky EL, et al. Regression of hypertensive myocardial fibrosis by NA (+)/H(+) exchange inhibition. Hypertension 2003; 41:373-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4377
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin