- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal NGN2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human NGN2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of NGN2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NGN2 antibody can be used for detection of NGN2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: NGN2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with neurogenin 1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1408 - Mouse Small Intestine Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 30 kDa
- PURIFICATION: NGN2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NGN2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NGN2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NEUROG2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NGN2 Antibody: NGN2, Atoh4, ngn-2, Math4A, bHLHa8, ATOH4, BHLHA8, NGN2, Neurogenin-2, Class A basic helix-loop-helix protein 8, NGN-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_076924
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 31077092
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 63973
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NGN2 Antibody: Neurogenin-2 (NGN2) is a neural-specific basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor that can specify a neuronal fate on ectodermal cells and is expressed in neural progenitor cells within the developing central and peripheral nervous systems. NGN2 is thought to work with Nurr1 to play a role in the differentiation and survival of midbrain dopaminergic neurons. It has also been suggested for use in human embryonic neural progenitors as a graft for spinal cord injuries
- 1: Sommer L, Ma Q, and Anderson DJ. Neurogenins, a novel family of atonal-related bHLH transcription factors, a putative mammalian neuronal determination genes that reveal progenitor cell heterogeneity in the developing CNS and PNS. Mol. Cell Neurosci. 1996; 8:221-41.
- 2: Fode C, Gradwohl G, Morin X, et al. The bHLH protein NEUROGENIN 2 is a determination factor for epibranchial placode-derived sensory neurons. Neuron 1998; 20:483-94.
- 3: Andersson EK, Irvin DK, Ahlsio J, et al. Ngn2 and Nurr1 act in synergy to induce midbrain dopaminergic neurons from expanded neural stem and progenitor cells. Exp. Cell. Res. 2007; 313:1172-80.
- 4: Perrin FE, Boniface G, Serguera C, et al. Grafted human embryonic progenitors expressing neurogenin-2 stimulate axonal sprouting and improve motor recovery after severe spinal cord injury. PLoS One 2010; 5:e15914.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7091
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin