- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gln21-Asn200
- FUSION TAG: C-Fc tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 48 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM MES, 150mM NaCl, 10% Glycerol, pH 5.5. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Lcn2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin, NGAL, Lipocalin-2, SV-40-induced 24P3 protein, Siderocalin LCN2, p25, LCN2
- Protein Accession Number: P11672
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 16819
- Lipocalin-2, also known as Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin (NGAL), is a secretory protein of the lipocalin superfamily. Lipocalin-2 contains a signal peptide that enables it to be secreted and form complexes with matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) through disulfide bonds. Similar to other lipocalin family members, Lipocalin-2 is involved in diverse cellular processes, including the transport of small hydrophobic molecules, protection of MMP-9 from proteolytic degradation, and cell signaling. Furthermore, Lipocalin-2 can tightly bind to bacterial siderophore through a cell surface receptor, possibly serving as a potent bacteriostatic agent by sequestering iron, regulating innate immunity and protecting kidney epithelial cells from ischemia–reperfusion injury. This protein is mainly expressed in neutrophils and in lower levels in the kidney, prostate, and epithelia of the respiratory and alimentary tracts.Recent evidence also suggests its role as a biomarker for renal injury and inflammation.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-610
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $335.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin