- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This NFKB1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 911-939 amino acids from human NFKB1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 105 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NFKB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p105 subunit, DNA-binding factor KBF1, EBP-1, Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 1, Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p50 subunit, NFKB1
- Protein Accession Number: P19838
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21542418
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4790
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NFKB1 is a 105 kD protein which can undergo cotranslational processing by the 26S proteasome to produce a 50 kD protein. The 105 kD protein is a Rel protein-specific transcription inhibitor and the 50 kD protein is a DNA binding subunit of the NF-kappa-B (NFKB) protein complex. NFKB is a transcription regulator that is activated by various intra- and extra-cellular stimuli such as cytokines, oxidant-free radicals, ultraviolet irradiation, and bacterial or viral products. Activated NFKB translocates into the nucleus and stimulates the expression of genes involved in a wide variety of biological functions. Inappropriate activation of NFKB has been associated with a number of inflammatory diseases while persistent inhibition of NFKB leads to inappropriate immune cell development or delayed cell growth.
- 1: Legembre, P., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 279(45):46742-46747 (2004).
- 2: Imamura, R., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 279(45):46415-46423 (2004).
- 3: Hung, J.H., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 279(45):46384-46392 (2004).
- 4: Binnicker, M.J., et al., Infect. Immun. 72(11):6408-6417 (2004).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-727
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.