- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This NFKB(p105) antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 911-937 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human NFKB(p105).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 105 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NFKB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p105 subunit, DNA-binding factor KBF1, EBP-1, Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 1, Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p50 subunit, NFKB1
- Protein Accession Number: P19838
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21542418
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4790
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes a 105 kD protein which can undergocotranslational processing by the 26S proteasome to produce a 50 kDprotein. The 105 kD protein is a Rel protein-specific transcriptioninhibitor and the 50 kD protein is a DNA binding subunit of theNF-kappa-B (NFKB) protein complex. NFKB is a transcriptionregulator that is activated by various intra- and extra-cellularstimuli such as cytokines, oxidant-free radicals, ultravioletirradiation, and bacterial or viral products. Activated NFKBtranslocates into the nucleus and stimulates the expression ofgenes involved in a wide variety of biological functions.Inappropriate activation of NFKB has been associated with a numberof inflammatory diseases while persistent inhibition of NFKB leadsto inappropriate immune cell development or delayed cell growth.Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been foundfor this gene.
- 1: Beshir, A.B., et al. Cancer Lett. 299(2):137-149(2010)
- 2: Song, C., et al. Virology 407(2):268-280(2010)
- 3: Gonsalves, C., et al. J. Immunol. 185(10):6253-6264(2010)
- 4: Kingeter, L.M., et al. J. Immunol. 185(8):4520-4524(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-327
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.