- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Expected Species Reactivity based on sequence homology: Mouse, Dog, Cow
- IMMUNOGEN: The immunogen for this antibody is: C-KIKSGERGRKG
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Peptide ELISA: antibody detection limit dilution 1:8000.Western Blot:Approx 16kDa band observed in Human Brain (Frontal Cortex) lysate (calculated MW of 7.6kDa according to NP_006167.1). The observed molecular weights correspond to earlier findings in literature with different antibodies (Li et al, J Biol Chem. 1999 Jan 15;274(3):1294-300; PMID: 9880498). Recommended concentration: 0.1-0.3ug/ml. Preliminary testing was unsuccessful on Mouse Brain for this particular batch.Immunohistochemistry:Paraffin embedded Human Brain (Cortex). Recommended concentration: 5ug/ml.
- SPECIFICITY: Reported variants represent identical protein: NP_006167.1, NP_001119653.1
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied at 0.5 mg/ml in Tris saline, 0.02% sodium azide, pH7.3 with 0.5% bovine serum albumin.Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- CONCENTRATION: 500 ug/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NRGN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NRGN, neurogranin (protein kinase C substrate, RC3), RC3, hng, calmodulin-binding protein, neurogranin, protein kinase C substrate
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006167.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5453800
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4900
- 1: Ruano D, Aulchenko YS, Macedo A, Soares MJ, Valente J, Azevedo MH, Hutz MH, Gama CS, Lobato MI, Belmonte-de-Abreu P, Goodman AB, Pato C, Heutink P, Palha JA. Association of the gene encoding neurogranin with schizophrenia in males. Journal of psychiatric research 2008 Jan 42 (2): 125-33.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 42-219
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.