- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Chicken, Mammal
- IMMUNOGEN: Purified bovine NF-H.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- SPECIFICITY: Specific for the ~200k Neurofilament H protein. It recognizes phosphorylated NF-H KSP (lysine-serine-proline) type sequences. In some species there is some cross-reactivity with the related phosphorylated KSP sequences found in the related neurofilament subunit NF-M. It recognizes neurofilaments in frozen sections in tissue culture and in formalin fixed sections.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 200
- PURIFICATION: Total IgG fraction
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Neurofilament NF-H antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NEFH
- Protein Accession Number: P12036
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 226726294
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4744
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Neurofilaments are the 10nm or intermediate filament proteins found specifically in neurons, and are composed predominantly of three major proteins called NF-L, NF-M and NF-H. NF-H is the neurofilament high or heavy molecular weight polypeptide and runs on SDS-PAGE gels at 200-220 kDa, with some variability across species boundaries. Antibodies to NF-H are useful for identifying neuronal cells and their processes in tissue sections and in tissue culture. NF-H antibodies can also be useful to visualize neurofilament accumulations seen in many neurological diseases, such as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease) and Alzheimer's disease.
- 1: Harris, J., Ayyub, C. and Shaw G. (1991) A molecular dissection of the carboxyterminal tails of the major neurofilament subunits NF-M and NF-H. J Neurosci Res 30:47-62.
- 2: Mendonca DM, Chimelli L, Martinez AM. (2005) Quantitative evidence for neurofilamentheavy subunit aggregation in motor neurons of spinal cords of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Braz J Med Biol Res. 38(6):925-933.
- 3: Hu YY, He SS, Wang XC, Duan QH, Khatoon S, Igbal K, Grundke-Igbal I, Wang JZ (2002) Elevated levels of phosphorylated neurofilament proteins in cerebrospinal fluid of Alzheimer disease patients. Neurosci Lett 320(3):156-60.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-253
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.