- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat (93%).
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-Nephrin antibody (7979) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the center of human Nephrin.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 1100-1150 of Nephrin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; IHC: 5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1285 - C2C12 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 125, 137 kDa
Observed: 125 kDa
Induced Expression Validation (Figure 6): Nephrin expression detected by anit-Nephrin antibodies was up-regulated by curcumin treatment in type 1 diabetic rats.
Localization Validation (Figure 7): Nephrin detected by anti-Nephrin antibodies is colocalized with PKGIα at the tips of the cell processes in rat podocytes.
Regulated expression validation (Figure 10): Nephrin expression detected by anit-Nephrin antibodies was down-regulated by PEGF treatment (NGP or HGP), which was reversed by the addition of C3 transferase in mouse podocyte cells.
- ISOFORMS: Human Nephrin has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (1241aa, 135kD) and isoform 2 (1201aa, 131kD). Mouse Nephrin also has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (1256aa, 136kD) and isoform 2 (1242aa, 135kD). Rat Nephrin has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (1252aa, 136kD), isoform 2 (1239aa, 135kD) and isoform 3 (1166aa, 127kD). 7979 can detect human and mouse.
- PURIFICATION: Nephrin antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Nephrin antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Nephrin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NPHS1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NPHN, NPHS1, Renal glomerulus-specific cell adhesion receptor3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004637
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4758822
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4648
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Nephrin is strongly expressed in renal glomeruli and is a member of the immunoglobulin family of cell adhesion molecules. Mutations in the Nephrin gene result in congenital nephrotic syndrome, an autosomal-recessive disorder characterized by massive proteinuria in utero and nephrosis at birth (1). Renal glomeruli allow normal kidneys to filter plasma so that it is very pure. Nephrin is expressed in the podocyte slit-diaphragm of the renal glomeruli in a manner that suggests that Nephrin molecules homodimerize in an anti-parallel fashion similar to cadherin interactions in adherens junctions. Thus, Nephrin may constitute the entire extracellular structure of the slit-diaphragm (2,3).
- 1: Kestila et al. Mol. Cell 1998; 1:575-582.
- 2: Tryggvason. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 1999; 10:2440-5.
- 3: Tryggvason and Wartiovaara. Curr. Opin. Nephrol. Hypertens. 2001; 10:543-9.
- 1: Li et al. Mesenchymal stem cells protect podocytes from apoptosis induced by high glucose via secretion of epithelial growth factor. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013;4(5):103.PMID: 24004644
- 2: Soetikno et al. Curcumin decreases renal triglyceride accumulation through AMPK-SREBP signaling pathway in streptozotocin-induced type 1 diabetic rats. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24(5):796-802.PMID: 22898567
- 3: Piwkowska et al. Insulin increases glomerular filtration barrier permeability through dimerization of protein kinase G type Iα subunits. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832(6):791-804. PMID: 23454089
- 4: Toyama et al. Proteinuria in AMPD2-deficient mice. Genes Cells. 2012;17(1):28-38. PMID: 22212473
- 5: Huang et al. Increased levels of serum pigment epithelium-derived factor aggravate proteinuria via induction of podocyte actin rearrangement. Int Urol Nephrol. 2019;51(2):359-367. PMID: 30536192
- 6: Piwkowska et al. Hydrogen peroxide induces dimerization of protein kinase G type Iα subunits and increases albumin permeability in cultured rat podocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227(3):1004-16. PMID: 21520075
- 7: Rogacka et al. Metformin overcomes high glucose-induced insulin resistance of podocytes by pleiotropic effects on SIRT1 and AMPK. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2018;1864(1):115-125. PMID: 29032153
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7979
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.