- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-Nephrin antibody (2265) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human Nephrin.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Nephrin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; IHC: 1-5 μg/mL; IF: 10-20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse and rat samples; Immunofluorescence in human, mouse and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1405 - Mouse Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1285 - C2C12 Cell Lysate
Induced Expression Validation (Figure 10): Nephrin expression detected by anit-Nephrin antibodies was up-regulated by curcumin treatment in type 1 diabetic rats.
Localization Validation (Figure 11): Nephrin detected by anti-Nephrin antibodies is colocalized with PKGIα at the tips of the cell processes in rat podocytes.
Regulated expression validation (Figure 14): Nephrin expression detected by anit-Nephrin antibodies was down-regulated by PEGF treatment (NGP or HGP), which was reversed by the addition of C3 transferase in mouse podocyte cells.
- ISOFORMS: Human Nephrin has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (1241aa, 135kD) and isoform 2 (1201aa, 131kD). Mouse Nephrin also has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (1256aa, 136kD) and isoform 2 (1242aa, 135kD). Rat Nephrin has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (1252aa, 136kD), isoform 2 (1239aa, 135kD) and isoform 3 (1166aa, 127kD). 2265 can detect isoforms of human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: Nephrin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Nephrin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Nephrin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NPHS1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Nephrin Antibody: CNF, NPHN, nephrin, Nephrin, Renal glomerulus-specific cell adhesion receptor
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004637
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4758822
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4868
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Nephrin Antibody: Nephrin is strongly expressed in renal glomeruli and is a member of the immunoglobulin family of cell adhesion molecules. Mutations in the Nephrin gene result in congenital nephrotic syndrome, an autosomal-recessive disorder characterized by massive proteinuria in utero and nephrosis at birth. Renal glomeruli allow normal kidneys to filter plasma so that it is very pure. Nephrin is expressed in the podocyte slit-diaphragm of the renal glomeruli in a manner that suggests that Nephrin molecules homodimerize in an anti-parallel fashion similar to cadherin interactions in adherens junctions. Thus, Nephrin may constitute the entire extracellular structure of the slit-diaphragm.
- 1: Kestila et al. Mol. Cell 1998; 1:575-582.
- 2: Tryggvason. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 1999; 10:2440-5.
- 3: Tryggvason and Wartiovaara. Curr. Opin. Nephrol. Hypertens. 2001; 10:543-9.
- 1: Chen et al. Atgl deficiency induces podocyte apoptosis and leads to glomerular filtration barrier damage. FEBS J. 2017;284(7):1070-1081. PMID: 28194887
- 2: Yun et al. Expression of nephrin in the human placenta and fetal membranes. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12(4):5116-20.PMID: 26151763
- 3: Li et al. Mesenchymal stem cells protect podocytes from apoptosis induced by high glucose via secretion of epithelial growth factor. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013;4(5):103. PMID: 24004644
- 4: Soetikno et al. Curcumin decreases renal triglyceride accumulation through AMPK-SREBP signaling pathway in streptozotocin-induced type 1 diabetic rats. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24(5):796-802. PMID: 22898567
- 5: Piwkowska et al. Insulin increases glomerular filtration barrier permeability through dimerization of protein kinase G type I? subunits. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832(6):791-804.PMID: 23454089
- 6: Toyama et al. Proteinuria in AMPD2-deficient mice. Genes Cells. 2012;17(1):28-38. PMID: 22212473
- 7: Huang et al. Increased levels of serum pigment epithelium-derived factor aggravate proteinuria via induction of podocyte actin rearrangement. Int Urol Nephrol. 2019;51(2):359-367. PMID: 30536192
- 8: Piwkowska et al. Hydrogen peroxide induces dimerization of protein kinase G type I? subunits and increases albumin permeability in cultured rat podocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227(3):1004-16. PMID: 21520075
- 9: Rogacka et al. Metformin overcomes high glucose-induced insulin resistance of podocytes by pleiotropic effects on SIRT1 and AMPK. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2018;1864(1):115-125. PMID: 29032153
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2265
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.