- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: NENF antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human NENF.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of NENF.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NENF antibody can be used for detection of NENF by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Despite its predicted molecular weight of ~20kDa, NENF is observed at 37 kDa in SDS-PAGE. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1308 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: NENF Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NENF Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NENF antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NENF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NENF Antibody: CIR2, SPUF, SCIRP10, CIR2, Neudesin, Cell immortalization-related protein 2, SPUF protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_037481
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7019545
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 29937
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NENF Antibody: NENF is a secreted protein that is expressed in neurons but not glial cells of the brain. This protein has neurotrophic activity in primary cultured mouse neurons but not mitogenic activity in primary cultured mouse astrocytes. NENF activated mitogen-activated protein (MAP) and phosphotidylinositol-3 kinase pathways and could be inhibited by pertussis toxin but not receptor tyrosine kinases, suggesting that NENF acts through a Gi/Go-protein-coupled receptor.
- 1: Kimura I, Yoshioka M, Konishi M, et al. Neudesin, a novel secreted protein with a unique primary structure and neurotrophic activity. J. Neurosci. Res.2005; 79:287-94.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4753
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin