- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This NEK9 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 846-877 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human NEK9.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 107 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NEK9
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Serine/threonine-protein kinase Nek9, Nercc1 kinase, Never in mitosis A-related kinase 9, NimA-related protein kinase 9, NimA-related kinase 8, Nek8, NEK9, KIAA1995, NEK8, NERCC
- Protein Accession Number: Q8TD19
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 116242675
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 91754
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NEK9, a member of the NIMA subfamily of Ser/Thr protein kinases, is a pleiotropic regulator of mitotic progression, participating in the control of spindle dynamics and chromosome separation. It phosphorylates different histones (serine and threonine residues on H3), myelin basic protein, beta-casein (serine residues), and BICD2. NEK9 is activated during mitosis by intramolecular autophosphorylation. Activity and autophosphorylation is activated by manganese >> magnesium ions, and is sensitive to increasing concentration of detergents. This protein is not cell-cycle regulated but activity is higher in G0-arrested cells. NEK is part of a homodimer that binds to Ran GTPase, and exhibits a greater affinity for Ran-GDP over Ran-GTP. Interaction is also noted with NEK6 and NEK7 family members. This cytoplasmic protein is most abundant in heart, liver, kidney and testis, and is also expressed in smooth muscle cells and fibroblasts. Expression varies mildly across the cell cycle, with highest expression observed in G1 and stationary-phase cells.
- 1: Tan,B.C. et al. J. Biol. Chem. 279 (10), 9321-9330 (2004)
- 2: Belham,C. et al. J. Biol. Chem. 278 (37), 34897-34909 (2003)
- 3: Roig, J. et al. Genes Dev. 16(13):1640-1658 (2002).
- 4: Holland, P.M. et al. J. Biol. Chem. 277(18):16229-16240 (2002).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 63-383
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.