- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human NEK3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NEK3 antibody can be used for detection of NEK3 by ELISA at 1:1562500. NEK3 antibody can be used for detection of NEK3 by western blot at 1 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 58 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store NEK3 antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NEK3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NEK3, HSPK36, MGC29949
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002489
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 23510391
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4752
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NEK3 is a member of the NimA (never in mitosis A) family of serine/threonine protein kinases. It differs from other NimA family members in that it is not cell cycle regulated and is found primarily in the cytoplasm. The kinase is activated by prolactin stimulation, leading to phosphorylation of VAV2 guanine nucleotide exchange factor, paxillin, and activation of the RAC1 GTPase.In Aspergillus nidulans, lack of the serine/threonine kinase NimA (never in mitosis A) results in cell cycle arrest in G2, while overexpression causes the premature onset of mitotic events. The protein encoded by this gene is similar in sequence to the Aspergillus nidulans protein and may therefore play a role in mitotic regulation. However, the encoded protein differs from other NimA family members in that it is not cell cycle regulated and is found primarily in the cytoplasm. Three transcript variants have been found for this gene, but the full-length nature of only two of them has been characterized.
- 1: Miller, S.L., (2007) Oncogene 26 (32), 4668-4678.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 26-375
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $475.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin