- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gln31-Thr334
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 34.99 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB, 150mM NaCl, pH 7.2. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NECTIN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Poliovirus Receptor-Related Protein 1, Herpes Virus Entry Mediator C, Herpesvirus Entry Mediator C, HveC, Herpesvirus Ig-Like Receptor, HIgR, Nectin-1, CD111, PVRL1, PRR1, PRR-1
- Protein Accession Number: Q15223
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5818
- Nectin-1 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein belonging to the Ig superfamily. Nectin-1 promotes cell-cell contacts by forming homophilic or heterophilic trans-dimers. Heterophilic interactions have been detected between Nectin-1 and Nectin-3 and between Nectin-1 and Nectin-4. Nectin ECDs contain three Ig like domains: an N terminal V type that mediates ligand binding, and two C2 type. Nectin-1 binds viral Glycoprotein D to mediate Herpesvirus (but not Poxvirus) entry into vaginal mucosa, sensory neurons and fibroblasts. In forming adherens junctions and synapses, Nectin-1 and Nectin-3 initiate cell-cell interactions, recruiting alphav beta 3 integrin extracellularly and cadherins intracellularly through afadin and other junctional proteins. These interactions organize the cytoskeleton, strengthen attachment to basement membrane and promote further cell-cell connections. Nectin-1 and Nectin-3 have been found to localize assymetrically along the chemical synapse, with Nectin-1 primarily on the axonal side and Nectin-3 on the dendritic side. Deficiency of Nectin-1 can result in cleft lip/palate ectodermal dysplasia. Nectin-1 downregulation in epithelial cancers is mediated in part by ectodomain shedding, but it may contribute to invasiveness.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-444
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $380.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.