- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (84%)
- IMMUNOGEN: NDFIP1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human NDFIP1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of NDFIP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NDFIP1 antibody can be used for detection of NDFIP1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: NDFIP1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with NDFIP2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1216 - PC-3 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-101 - Human Lung Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 24 kDa
- PURIFICATION: NDFIP1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NDFIP1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NDFIP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NDFIP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NDFIP1 Antibody: N4WBP5, N4WBP5, PSEC0192, PSEC0223, NEDD4 family-interacting protein 1, Breast cancer-associated protein SGA-1M
- Protein Accession Number: NP_085048
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13386480
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 80762
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NDFIP1 Antibody: The NEDD4 family-interacting protein 1 (NDFIP1) belongs to a small group of evolutionarily conserved proteins with three transmembrane domains and is an integral Golgi membrane protein. It is a potential target for ubiquitination by the Nedd4 family of proteins. NDFIP1 is strongly expressed in surviving neurons following acute cortical brain injury, and overexpression in cultured cortical neurons increased survival following growth factor starvation, suggesting that NDFIP1 may play a role in neuronal survival. NDFIP1 and the related protein NDFIP2 are thought to interact with and regulate multiple components of the EGF and PTEN/Akt signaling pathways. Recent studies suggest that NDFIP1 may also play a role in Th17 differentiation by limiting the production of proinflammatory cytokines.
- 1: Harvey KF, Shearwin-Whyatt LM, Fotia A, et al. N4WBP5, a potential target for ubiquitination by the Nedd4 family of proteins, is a novel Golgi-associated protein. J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277:9307-17.
- 2: Sang Q, Kim MH, Kumar S, et al. Nedd4-WW domain-binding protein 5 (Ndfip1) is associated with neuronal survival after acute cortical brain injury. J. Neurosci. 2006; 26:7234-44.
- 3: Mund T and Pelham HR. Regulation of PTEN/Akt and MAP kinase signaling pathways by the ubiquitin ligase activators Ndfip1 and Ndfip2. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2010; 107; 11429-34.
- 4: Ramon HE, Beal AM, Liu Y, et al. The E3 ubiquitin ligase adaptor Ndfip1 regulates Th17 differentiation by limiting the production of proinflammatory cytokines. J. Immunol. 2012; epub.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6977
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin