- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (89%), Chicken: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: NANOG antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human NANOG.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 130 - 180 of NANOG.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NANOG antibody can be used for detection of NANOG by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: NANOG Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NANOG Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NANOG antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NANOG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NANOG Antibody: Homeobox protein NANOG, Homeobox transcription factor Nanog, hNanog
- Protein Accession Number: EAW88651
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 119609057
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79923
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NANOG Antibody: Expression of NANOG is required for the maintenance of pluripotency in epiblast and embryonic stem (ES) cells as well as for the ability to maintain ES self-renewal independently of LIF/Stat3. The role of NANOG in embryonic development suggested that it might be useful in the creation of stem cells that might be useful in cell replacement therapies in the treatment of several degenerative diseases. Artificial stem cells, termed induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells, can be created by expressing POU5F1 (also known as Oct-4), another germline-specific transcription factor, and the transcription factors Sox2, Klf4 and Lin28 along with c-Myc in mouse fibroblasts. More recently, experiments have demonstrated that iPS cells could be generated using expression plasmids expressing NANOG, Sox2, KlfF4 and c-Myc, eliminating the need for virus introduction, thereby addressing a safety concern for potential use of iPS cells in regenerative medicine.
- 1: Chambers I, Colby D, Robertson M, et al. Functional expression cloning of Nanog, a pluripotency sustaining factor in embryonic stem cells. Cell2003; 113:643-55.
- 2: Mitsui K, Tokuzowa Y, Itoh H, et al. The homeoprotein Nanog is required for maintenance of pluripotency in mouse epiblast and ES cells. Cell2003; 113:631-42.
- 3: Carpenter MK, Rosler E, and Rao MS. Characterization and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. Cloning Stem Cells2003; 5:79-88.
- 4: Scholer HR, Ruppert S, Suzuki N, et al. New type of POU domain in germ line-specific protein Oct-2. Nature1990; 344:435-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5585
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin