- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Intracellular human Nampt (visfatin/PBEF) (aa 1-491) is fused at the C-terminus to a His-tag.
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Shows adipogenic effects in stimulated differentiating 3T3-L1 cells.
- PURITY: >90% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 1EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Salt-free. Reconstitute in distilled water.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NAMPT
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Pre-B Cell Colony Enhancing Factor 1, PBEF1, Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase
- Protein Accession Number: P43490
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5031977
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10135
- Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (Nampt; pre-B cell colony-enhancing factor; PBEF; Visfatin) is an 52kDa adipokine secreted by adipose tissue and involved in the biosynthesis of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+). Two forms of Nampt exist, an intracellular form (iNampt) and an extracellular form (eNampt). While the function of iNampt as an essential and rate-limiting NAD+ biosynthetic enzyme is well established, the physiological role of eNampt is still a matter of debate. Nampt has various functions, including the promotion of vascular smooth muscle cell maturation and inhibition of neutrophil apoptosis. It activates insulin receptor and has insulin-mimetic effects, lowering blood glucose and improving insulin sensitivity. The protein is highly expressed in visceral fat and serum levels of the protein correlate with obesity.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-010
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.