- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant human Nampt (visfatin/PBEF).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, Flow, ICC, IHC, IP, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA: (direct or indirect: 1:2,000-1:10,000). Flow Cytometry: (1:1,000). Immunocytochemistry: (1:500-1:1,000). Immunohistochemistry: (paraffin sections, 1:100-1:500). Immunoprecipitation: (1:500-1:1,000). Western blot: (1:2,000-1:5,000 using ECL. Suggested blocking and dilution buffer is PBST with 0.05% Tween 20 and 5% skim milk. Suggested incubation time is 1 hour at rooom temperature). Optimal conditions should be determined individually for each application.
- SPECIFICITY: Recognizes human, mouse and rat Nampt.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Liquid. 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS, pH 7.4. Contains no preservatives.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NAMPT
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Pre-B Cell Colony Enhancing Factor 1; PBEF1; Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase
- Protein Accession Number: 5031977
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: NP_005737
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10135
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (Nampt; pre-B cell colony-enhancing factor; PBEF; Visfatin) is an 52kDa adipokine secreted by adipose tissue and involved in the biosynthesis of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+). Two forms of Nampt exist, an intracellular form (iNampt) and an extracellular form (eNampt). While the function of iNampt as an essential and rate-limiting NAD+ biosynthetic enzyme is well established, the physiological role of eNampt is still a matter of debate. Nampt has various functions, including the promotion of vascular smooth muscle cell maturation and inhibition of neutrophil apoptosis. It activates insulin receptor and has insulin-mimetic effects, lowering blood glucose and improving insulin sensitivity. The protein is highly expressed in visceral fat and serum levels of the protein correlate with obesity.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 36-034
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.