- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: NALP8 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human NALP8.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 130 - 180 of NALP8.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NALP8 antibody can be used for detection of NALP8 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1320 - Human Colon Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: NALP8 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NALP8 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NALP8 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NLRP8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NALP8 Antibody: PAN4, NALP8, NOD16, CLR19.2, PAN4, NACHT, LRR and PYD domains-containing protein 8, Nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain protein 16
- Protein Accession Number: NP_789781
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 33667040
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 126205
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NALP8 Antibody: NALP proteins are cytoplasmic proteins that form a subfamily within the larger CATERPILLER family and are thought to play a crucial role in cell proliferation and reproduction. Like all other NALP family members, NALP8 has a C-terminal leucine-rich repeat (LRR) region, an N-terminal Pyrin domain (PYD) followed by a NACHT domain, and a NACHT-associated domain. It maps to chromosome 19q13.42 and is thought to be expressed in testis and ovary, suggesting that NALP8 may be involved in reproduction. Surprisingly, NALP8 seems to be universal in mammals except for rodents, suggesting that the gene may have been lost during evolution.
- 1: Tschopp J, Martinon F, and Burns K. NALPs: a novel protein family involved in inflammation. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol.2003; 4:95-104.
- 2: Tian X, Pascal G, and Monget P. Evolution and functional divergence of NLRP genes in mammalian reproductive system. BMC Evol. Biol.2009; 9:202.
- 3: Ponsuksili P, Brunner RM, Goldammer T, et al. Bovine NALP5, NALP8, and NALP9 genes: assignment to a QTL region and the expression in adult tissues, oocytes, and preimplantation embryos. Biol. Reprod.2006; 74:577-84.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5965
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin