- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: NALP5 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human NALP5.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of NALP5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NALP5 antibody can be used for detection of NALP5 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: NALP5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NALP5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NALP5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NLRP5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NALP5 Antibody: MATER, NALP5, PAN11, PYPAF8, CLR19.8, MATER, NACHT, LRR and PYD domains-containing protein 5, Mater protein homolog
- Protein Accession Number: NP_703148
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 158321897
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 126206
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NALP5 Antibody: NALP proteins include the apoptosis regulator APAF1 (apoptotic protease activating factor 1) and mammalian NOD-LRR proteins and are thought to be involved in inflammation and reproduction. NALP5, also known as MATER, is a maternal gene required for early embryonic development in mice. Increased NALP5 expression was observed in two neuronal injury models, and transient expression of recombinant NALP5 in neurons induced caspase-3 activation and apoptosis, suggesting that NALP5 also plays a role in caspase activation and apoptosis in injured neurons, and may thus represent a novel target for therapeutic treatment in neurodegenerative disorders.
- 1: Tschopp J, Martinon F, and Burns K. NALPs: a novel protein family involved in inflammation. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol.2003; 4:95-104.
- 2: Tian X, Pascal G, and Monget P. Evolution and functional divergence of NLRP genes in mammalian reproductive system. BMC Evol. Biol.2009; 9:202.
- 3: Tong ZB, Gold L, Pfeiffer KE, et al. Mater, a maternal effect gene required for early embryonic development in mice. Nat. Genet.2000; 26:267-8.
- 4: Frederick Lo C, Ning X, Gonzales C, et al. Induced expression of death domain genes NALP1 and NALP5 following neuronal injury. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2008; 366:664-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5959
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin