- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: NALP14 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human NALP14.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 200 - 250 of NALP14.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NALP14 antibody can be used for detection of NALP14 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: NALP14 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NALP14 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NALP14 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NLRP14
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NALP14 Antibody: NOD5, PAN8, GC-LRR, NALP14, CLR11.2, NOD5, NACHT, LRR and PYD domains-containing protein 14, Nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain protein 5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_789792
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 28827813
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 338323
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NALP14 Antibody: NALP proteins are cytoplasmic proteins that form a subfamily within the larger CATERPILLER family and are thought to play a crucial role in cell proliferation and reproduction. Like all other NALP family members, NALP14 has a C-terminal leucine-rich repeat (LRR) region, an N-terminal Pyrin domain (PYD) followed by a NACHT domain, and a NACHT-associated domain. While little is known about the function of NALP14, it has been suggested that it may play a role in spermatogenesis and that mutations in the NALP14 gene might cause spermatogenic failure.
- 1: Tschopp J, Martinon F, and Burns K. NALPs: a novel protein family involved in inflammation. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol.2003; 4:95-104.
- 2: Tian X, Pascal G, and Monget P. Evolution and functional divergence of NLRP genes in mammalian reproductive system. BMC Evol. Biol.2009; 9:202.
- 3: Westerveld GH, Korver CM, van Pelt AMM, et al. Mutations in the tesits-specific NALP14 gene in men suffering from spermatogenic failure. Hum. Reprod.2006; 21:3178-84.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5975
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.