- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (92%)
- IMMUNOGEN: NAIP antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 13 amino acids at the C-terminus of human NAIP.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 1200 - 1250 of NAIP.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: NAIP antibody can be used for the detection of NAIP by Western blot at 0.5 to 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Minor, lower molecular weight bands may represent alternately spliced forms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1315 - Human Tonsil Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-003 - A549 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 137, 154 kDa
Observed: 155 kDa
- PURIFICATION: NAIP Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: NAIP Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: NAIP antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NAIP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NAIP Antibody: BIRC1, NLRB1, psiNAIP, BIRC1, Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 1, Neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein
- Protein Accession Number: AAC52047
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1737213
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4671
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- NAIP Antibody: Neuronal apoptosis inhibitor protein (NAIP) was the first human inhibitor of apoptosis protein (IAP) identified and was discovered by its association with the neurodegenerative disorder spinal muscular atrophy. Members of the IAP family contain one to three copies of an approximately 70 amino acid motif termed baculovirus IAP repeat (BIR); these BIRs promote protein-protein interactions with various caspases such as caspase-3, -7, and -9 as well as members of the TRAF family of signal molecules. Unlike other IAPs however, NAIP requires ATP to bind caspase-9 and is not inhibited by the IAP-inhibiting molecule Smac/DIABLO, suggesting that NAIP is unique among the IAPs in its regulation of its activity. Finally, although only one human NAIP protein has been identified, other shorter NAIP mRNA transcripts have been reported.
- 1: Roy N, Mahadevan MS, McLean M, et al. The gene for neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein is partially deleted in individuals with spinal muscular atrophy. Cell 1995; 80:167-78.
- 2: Liston P, Fong WG, Korneluk RG. The inhibitors of apoptosis: there is more to life than Bcl2. Oncogene 2003; 22:8568-80.
- 3: Verhagen AM, Coulson EJ, and Vaux DL. Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins and their relatives: IAPs and other BIRPs. Genome Biol. 2001; 2:reviews3009.1-reviews3009.10.
- 4: Davoodi J, Lin L, Kelly J, et al. Neuronal apoptosis-inhibitory protein does not interact with Smac and requires ATP to bind caspase-9. J. Biol. Chem. 2004; 279:40622-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3315
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin