- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 347.4 . 192.2
- Formula: C19H17N5O2 . 2CH4O3S
- CAS: 82956-11-4
- Solubility: Soluble in DMSO (15mg/ml), DMF (20mg/ml) or ethanol (20mg/ml).
- InChi Key: SRXKIZXIRHMPFW-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- Smiles: NC(C1=CC2=C(C=C1)C=C(OC(C3=CC=C(NC(N)=N)C=C3)=O)C=C2)=N.CS(=O)(O)=O.CS(=O)(O)=O
- RTECS: DG2736000
- Identity: Determined by 1H-NMR.
- PURITY: greater than or equal to 98% (HPLC)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Short Term Storage: +4C. Long Term Storage: -20C. Handling Advice: Keep cool and dry. Protect from moisture. Use/Stability: Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20C.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Nafamastat; Coahibitor; FUT-175; Futhan; 6-Amidino-2-naphthyl p-guanidinobenzoate dimethanesulfonate
- Nafamostat mesylate is a cell permeable broad spectrum potent and reversible synthetic serine protease inhibitor and kallikrein inhibitor in vitro and in vivo. It inhibits trypsin (Ki=15nM), tryptase (Ki=95.3pM) and additional proteases in the coagulation cascade including thrombin (Ki=0.84ÂµM). Nafamostat mesylate is a short-acting anticoagulant with anti-inflammatory, anticancer and antiviral properties. As a potential anticancer agent, it blocks canonical NF-ÎºB signaling, targets TNFR1-stimulated cleavage of caspase families and the tryptase of mast cells to improve therapeutic outcome and to ameliorate cancer therapy resistance and avoid immune resistance. It has been shown to reduce eosinophil infiltration, mast cell activation and airway responsiveness in a murine model of asthma. Inhibits the demethylase activity of the fat mass and obesity-associated protein (FTO). As antiviral agent, it inhibits Ebola virus, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 infection in vitro and potentially the spread of COVID-19. Nafamostat mesylate inhibits TMPRSS2-dependent host cell entry of MERS-CoV. It is also an inhibitor of the enzyme transmembrane serine protease TMPRSS2 and blocks the entry of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) into lung cells in vitro, with roughly 15-fold higher efficiency than Camostat mesylate (Prod. No. AG-CR1-3716), with an EC50 in the low nanomolar range.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 10-031
- Size: 50 mg
- List Price: $240.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805