- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: NAD kinase (Mycobacterium tuberculosis) is fused at the N-terminus to a His-tag.
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: ~1.2 U/mg protein. (Substrate: NAD (+ ATP))~3.8 U/mg protein. (Substrate: NAD (+ poly(P))One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that synthesizes 1umol nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP) per min.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: In 10mM TRIS at pH 8.0, containing 1mM MgCl2, 0.5mM EDTA, 1mM DTT and 1mM PMSF.
- CONCENTRATION: 0.5mg/ml (Lot specific)
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -80°C.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Probable Inorganic Polyphosphate/ATP-NAD kinase, Poly(P)/ATP NAD Kinase 1, ppnK1, EC 22.214.171.124
- Protein Accession Number: P0A5S6
- NAD kinase catalyzes the transfer of a phosphate group from ATP to NAD+ to generate NADP+, which in its reduced form acts as an electron donor for biosynthetic reactions. NADP+ is an essential coenzyme in metabolism and provides reducing power to biosynthetic processes such as fatty acid biosynthesis. NAD kinase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis is not ATP-dependent but has a broader substrate specificity than human NAD kinase. It can economically produce NADP+ by using other nucleoside triphosphates as well as inorganic polyphosphate as a source of phosphorus. Was identified as a high-confidence drug target. Catalytic activity: ATP + NAD+ = ADP + NADP+
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-365
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $455.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.