- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: MYH3 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human MYH3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of MYH3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MYH3 antibody can be used for detection of MYH3 by Western blot at 1 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: MYH3 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. MYH3 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the myosin heavy chain family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. XBL-10413 - Fetal Human Skeletal Muscle Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 240 kDa
Observed: 245 kDa
- PURIFICATION: MYH3 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MYH3 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MYH3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MYH3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Myosin heavy chain 3, Myosin-3, Myosin heavy chain skeletal muscle embryonic, HEMHC, MYHC-EMB, MYHSE1, SMHCE
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002461
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 98986453
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4621
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Myosins are actin-based motor proteins that function in the generation of mechanical force in eukaryotic cells (1). MYH3 (myosin, heavy chain, skeletal muscle, embryonic) plays a significant role in skeletal muscle development (2) and is also essential for the proper morphology and function of the developing heart (3). Mutations in this gene have been associated with Freeman-Sheldon syndrome and Sheldon-Hall syndrome (4).
- 1: Yu H, Waddell JN, Kuang S, et al. Park7 expression influences myotube size and myosin expression in muscle. PLoS One 2014; 9:e92030.
- 2: Lagrutta AA, McCarthy JG, Scherczinger CA, et al. Identification and developmental expression of a novel embryonic myosin heavy-chain gene in chicken. DNA 1989; 8:39-50.
- 3: Rutland CS, Polo-Parada L, Ehler E, et al. Knockdown of embryonic myosin heavy chain reveals an essential role in the morphology and function of the developing heart. Development 2011; 138:3955-66.
- 4: Toydemir RM, Rutherford A, Whitby FG, et al. Mutations in embryonic myosin heavy chain (MYH3) cause Freeman-Sheldon syndrome and Sheldon-Hall syndrome. Nat. Genet. 2006; 38:561-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8087
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin