- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: aa 176 - 280
- FUSION TAG: Fusion Partner: His-tag and strepII-tag at N-terminus
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 15 kDa (Calculated)
- PURITY: ~95%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 1X PBS containing 0.1% SDS and 0.02% NaN3
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MYD88
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MyD88 Antibody : MYD88D
- Protein Accession Number: AAC50954
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1814020
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4615
- The pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-1 induced cellular response requires IL-1 receptor complex including IL-1RI and IL-1RAcP. MyD88 has been identified as an adapter molecule in the IL-1 signaling pathway (1). MyD88 associates with and recruits IRAK to the IL-1 receptor complex in response to IL-1 treatment and dominant negative form of MyD88 attenuates IL-1R-mediated NF-B activation. MyD88 is also employed as a regulator molecule by IL-18 receptor and human Toll receptor (2,3), which are members in the Toll/IL-1R family of receptors. Targeted disruption of the MyD88 gene results in lose of cellular responses to IL-1 and IL-18, and MyD88-deficient mice lack responses to bacterial product LPS that employs Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 (TLR2 and TLR4) as the signaling receptors. MyD88 is a general adapter protein for the Toll/IL-1R family of receptors and plays an important role in the inflammatory response induced by cytokines IL-1 and IL-18 and endotoxin. MyD88 gene is expressed in many tissues.
- 1: Muzio M, Ni J, Feng P, et al. IRAK (Pelle) family member IRAK-2 and MyD88 as proximal mediators of IL-1 signaling. Science 1997; 278:1612-5.
- 2: Adachi O, Kawai T, Takeda K, et al. Targeted disruption of the MyD88 gene results in loss of IL-1- and IL-18-mediated function. Immunity 1998; 9:143-50.
- 3: Medzhitov R, Preston-Hurlburt P, Kopp E, et al. MyD88 is an adaptor protein in the hToll/IL-1 receptor family signaling pathways. Mol. Cell 1998; 2:253-8.
- 4: Kawai T, Adachi O, Ogawa T, et al. Unresponsiveness of MyD88-deficient mice to endotoxin. Immunity 1999; 11:115-22.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-104
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.