- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 320.3
- Formula: C17H20O6
- Source/Host Chemicals: Isolated from Penicillium brevi-compactum.
- CAS: 24280-93-1
- Solubility: Soluble in DMSO (25mg/ml) or water (25mg/ml).
- InChi Key: HPNSFSBZBAHARI-RUDMXATFSA-N
- Smiles: COC1=C(C)C2=C(C(=O)OC2)C(O)=C1CC=C(/C)CCC(O)=O
- RTECS: MP8050000
- Merck Index: 4.977083333
- PURITY: greater than or equal to 98% (HPLC, TLC)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Short Term Storage: +4C. Long Term Storage: -20C. Handling Advice: Keep cool and dry. Use/Stability: Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20C.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MPA; NSC 129185; Ly 68618; Mycophenolate
- Antibiotic . Shows antiviral, antifungal and antitumor properties [1, 2]. Immunosuppressive drug used to prevent rejection in organ transplantation, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriasis [3-6, 13]. Potent reversible inhibitor of inosine-5'-monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH), leading to depletion of GMP and interruption of the de novo synthesis of purine nucleotides necessary for B and T lymphocyte proliferation [7, 8]. Inhibits the type II IMPDH isoform (IMPDH-2) 5-fold more potently compared to type I isoform . Inhibits RNA and DNA synthesis . Inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS/NOS II) inhibitor [8, 10]. Apoptosis and necrosis inducer [9, 12]. Novel type of inhibitor against RNA guanylyltransferases . Inhibits TNF-Î±-stimulated MAPK/NF-ÎºB and ROS generation . Autophagy suppressor. Broad-spectrum antiviral compound with inhibitory activity against different coronavirus, including SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2, cause of COVID-19. It binds to the active site of SARS-CoV-2 papain-like protease (PLpro) possibly inhibiting viral replication.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 10-030
- Size: 500 mg
- List Price: $305.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805