- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Cat, Chicken, Hedgehog, Human, Monkey, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: An M1 mucin preparation from the fluid of an ovarian mucinous cyst belonging to an O Le(a-b) patient was used as the immunogen for this Mucin-5AC antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 1-2 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format: incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The optimal dilution of the Mucin-5AC antibody for each application should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- SPECIFICITY: Does not react with Cow
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MUC5AC
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MUC5AC, Gastric mucin, Major airway glycoprotein, Muc5/5ac, Mucin-5AC, LeB, Lewis B blood group antigen, Tracheobronchial mucin, TBM, MUC-5AC, MUC5
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4586
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This mAb recognizes the peptide core of gastric mucin M1 (>1,000kDa) (recently identified as Mucin 5AC). Its epitope is destroyed by beta-mercaptoethanol and proteases but not by periodate treatment. Antibody to gastric mucin M1 reacts with the gastric epithelium of normal human gastrointestinal tract as well as with the precancerous and cancerous colon but not with normal adult colon. It also reacts with fetal colonic mucosa. Resurgence of gastric mucin reactivity during colonic carcinogenesis is due to re-expression of the peptide core of gastric (or fetal colonic) mucins.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-137
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.