- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant human protein was used as the immunogen for this MUC18 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells
IF: 0.5-1.0 ug/ml
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the MUC18 antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G purified antibody
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MCAM
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Cell surface glycoprotein MUC18, Cell surface glycoprotein P1H12, Melanoma cell adhesion molecule, Melanoma-associated antigen A32, Melanoma-associated antigen MUC18, S-endo 1 endothelial-associated antigen, CD146, MCAM, MUC18
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4162
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- The human Mel-CAM gene maps to chromosome 11q23 and encodes a trans-membrane glycoprotein, also designated MCAM, MUC18 or CD146, that belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily and functions as a Ca2+-independent cell adhesion molecule. MUC18 expression is restricted to advanced primary and metastatic melanomas and to cell lines of the neuroectodermal lineage, but not normal melanocytes. MUC18 / CD146 is found on 80% of advanced primary human melanomas and correlates well with development of metastatic disease.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-174
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.