- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This MTL5 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 341-368 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human MTL5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 55 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MTL5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Tesmin, Metallothionein-like 5, testis-specific, Testis-specific metallothionein-like protein, MTL5
- Protein Accession Number: Q9Y4I5
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 205371773
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9633
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Metallothionein proteins are highly conservedlow-molecular-weight cysteine-rich proteins that are induced by andbind to heavy metal ions and have no enzymatic activity. They mayplay a central role in the regulation of cell growth anddifferentiation and are involved in spermatogenesis. This geneencodes a metallothionein-like protein which has been shown to beexpressed differentially in mouse testis and ovary. Two transcriptvariants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- 1: Oh, J.H., et al. Mamm. Genome 16(12):942-954(2005)
- 2: Olesen, C., et al. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 67(1):116-126(2004)
- 3: Sutou, S., et al. Biol. Reprod. 68(5):1861-1869(2003)
- 4: Matsuura, T., et al. J. Inorg. Biochem. 88(2):183-191(2002)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-646
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin