- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human MTL5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MTL5 antibody can be used for detection of MTL5 by ELISA at 1:312500. MTL5 antibody can be used for detection of MTL5 by western blot at 1 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. XBL-10123 - Fetal Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 56 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store MTL5 antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MTL5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MTL5, CXCDC2, MTLT, TESMIN
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004914
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 40806200
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9633
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Metallothionein proteins are highly conserved low-molecular-weight cysteine-rich proteins that are induced by and bind to heavy metal ions and have no enzymatic activity. They may play a central role in the regulation of cell growth and differentiation and are involved in spermatogenesis. MTL5 is a metallothionein-like protein which has been shown to be expressed differentially in mouse testis and ovary.Metallothionein proteins are highly conserved low-molecular-weight cysteine-rich proteins that are induced by and bind to heavy metal ions and have no enzymatic activity. They may play a central role in the regulation of cell growth and differentiation and are involved in spermatogenesis. This gene encodes a metallothionein-like protein which has been shown to be expressed differentially in mouse testis and ovary. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- 1: Oh, J.H., (2005) Mamm. Genome 16 (12), 942-954.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 30-905
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $475.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin