- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (76%)
- IMMUNOGEN: MTERFD3 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human MTERFD3 .
The immunogen is located within amino acids 20 - 70 of MTERFD3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MTERFD3 Antibody can be used for detection of MTERFD3 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: MTERFD3 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other MTERFD protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1313 - Human Testis Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 42 kDa
Observed: 40 kDa
- PURIFICATION: MTERFD3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MTERFD3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MTERFD3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MTERFD3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MTERFD3 Antibody: mTERF2, mTERFL, mTERF domain-containing protein 3, mitochondrial, Mitochondrial transcription termination factor 2, mTERF2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_079474
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21314736
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 80298
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MTERFD3 Antibody: Members of the mTERF (mitochondrial transcription termination factor) family, are mitochondrial proteins that are believed to be transcription termination factors. MTERFD3 was initially identified through differential display analysis and is expressed primarily in heart, liver, pancreas and skeletal muscle. MTERFD3 is believed to be involved in cell cycle regulation and cell growth by modulating mitochondrial transcription, and may be a serum-inhibitory factor.
- 1: Fernandez-Silva P, et al. The human mitochondrial transcription termination factor (mTERF) is a multizipper protein but binds to DNA as a monomer, with evidence pointing to intramolecular leucine zipper interactions. EMBO J. 1997; 16:1066-79.
- 2: Chen Y, Zhou G, Yu M, et al. Cloning and functional analysis of human mTERFL encoding a novel mitochondrial transcription termination factor-like protein. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2005; 337:1112-8.
- 3: Park CB, Asin-Cayuela J, Camara Y, et al. MTERF3 is a negative regulator of mammalian mtDNA transcription. Cell 2007; 130:273-85.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7285
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin