- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (88%), Chicken: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: MTERFD1 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human MTERFD1 .
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of MTERFD1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MTERFD1 Antibody can be used for detection of MTERFD1 by Western blot starting at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for Immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of MTERFD1 are known to exist. MTERFD1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other MTERFD protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3 (NIH) Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-201 - 3T3/BALB Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 46 kDa
Observed: 42 kDa
- PURIFICATION: MTERFD1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MTERFD1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MTERFD1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MTERFD1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MTERFD1 Antibody: CGI-12, mTERF3, mTERF domain-containing protein 1, mitochondrial, Mitochondrial transcription termination factor 3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_057026
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 34147676
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51001
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MTERFD1 Antibody: Members of the mTERF (mitochondrial transcription termination factor) family, are mitochondrial proteins that are believed to be transcription termination factors. MTERFD1 is composed of three leucine zippers that form a three-stranded coiled-coil that binds to DNA. It binds promoter DNA and acts as a mitochondrial transcription regulator. It has been suggested that only the phosphorylated form of MTERFD1 has transcription termination activity. A closely related mTERF family member, MTERFD3, is believed to be involved in cell cycle regulation and cell growth by modulating mitochondrial transcription.
- 1: Fernandez-Silva P, et al. The human mitochondrial transcription termination factor (mTERF) is a multizipper protein but binds to DNA as a monomer, with evidence pointing to intramolecular leucine zipper interactions. EMBO J. 1997; 16:1066-79.
- 2: Hyvarinen AK, Pohjoismaki JL, Holt IJ, et al. Overexpression of MTERFD1 or MTERFD3 impairs the completion of mitochondrial DNA replication. Mol. Biol. Rep. 2011; 38:1321-8.
- 3: Prieto-Martin A, Montoya J, Martinez-Azorin F, et al. Phosphorylation of rat mitochondrial transcription termination factor (mTERF) is required for transcription termination but not for binding to DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004; 32:2059-68.
- 4: Park CB, Asin-Cayuela J, Camara Y, et al. MTERF3 is a negative regulator of mammalian mtDNA transcription. Cell 2007; 130:273-85.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7281
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin