- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: aa 29 - 174
- FUSION TAG: Fusion Partner: C-terminal His-tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 19 kDa (Calculated)
- PURITY: ~95%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 1X PBS containing 0.1% SDS
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Mtch2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MTCH2 Recombinant Protein: HSPC032, 2310034D24Rik, 4930539J07Rik, Mitochondrial carrier homolog 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055157
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5815347
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56428
- Apoptosis plays a major role in normal organism development, tissue homeostasis, and removal of damaged cells. Disruption of this process has been implicated in a variety of diseases such as cancer (reviewed in 1). The Bcl-2 family of proteins is comprised of critical regulators of apoptosis that can be divided into two classes: those that inhibit apoptosis and those that promote cell death (reviewed in 2 and 3). MTCH2 is a member of the mitochondrial carrier protein family that catalyze the exchange of substrates across the inner mitochondrial membrane and is targeted by Bid, a pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family member, in response to apoptotic signals (4-6), suggesting that MTCH2 may play a key role in the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway. The doublet observed in the SDS-PAGE is likely due to incomplete removal of the signal sequence.
- 1: Lockshin RA, Osborne B, and Zakeri Z. Cell death in the third millennium. Cell Death Differ. 2000; 7:2-7.
- 2: Cory S, Huang DCS, and Adams JM. The Bcl-2 family: roles in cell survival and oncogenesis. Oncogene 2003; 22:8590-607.
- 3: Heiser D, Labi V, Erlacher M, et al. The Bcl-2 protein family and its role in the development of neoplastic disease. Exp. Geron. 2004; 39:1125-35.
- 4: Grinberg M, Schwarz M, Zaltsman Y, et al. Mitochondrial carrier homolog 2 is a target of tBID in cells signaled to die by tumor necrosis factor alpha. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2005; 25:4579-90.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-118
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $245.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805