- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This MRPL54 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 64-92 amino acids from the Central region of human MRPL54.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 16 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MRPL54
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 39S ribosomal protein L54, mitochondrial, L54mt, MRP-L54, MRPL54
- Protein Accession Number: Q6P161
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74737109
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 116541
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Mammalian mitochondrial ribosomal proteins are encoded bynuclear genes and help in protein synthesis within themitochondrion. Mitochondrial ribosomes (mitoribosomes) consist of asmall 28S subunit and a large 39S subunit. They have an estimated75% protein to rRNA composition compared to prokaryotic ribosomes,where this ratio is reversed. Another difference between mammalianmitoribosomes and prokaryotic ribosomes is that the latter containa 5S rRNA. Among different species, the proteins comprising themitoribosome differ greatly in sequence, and sometimes inbiochemical properties, which prevents easy recognition by sequencehomology. This gene encodes a 39S subunit protein. [provided byRefSeq].
- 1: Lamesch, P., et al. Genomics 89(3):307-315(2007)
- 2: Zhang, Z., et al. Genomics 81(5):468-480(2003)
- 3: Koc, E.C., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 276(47):43958-43969(2001)
- 4: Adams, M.D., et al. Nature 377 (6547 SUPPL), 3-174 (1995) :
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-389
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.