- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: MRE11 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus human MRE11.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of MRE11.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MRE11 antibody can be used for detection of MRE11 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 78 kDa
Observed: 73 kDa
- PURIFICATION: MRE11 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MRE11 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MRE11 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MRE11A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MRE11 Antibody: ATLD, HNGS1, MRE11, MRE11B, Double-strand break repair protein MRE11A, Meiotic recombination 11 homolog 1, MRE11 homolog 1
- Protein Accession Number: EAW66932
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 119587336
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4361
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MRE11 Antibody: MRE11 is involved in the repair of DNA double strand breaks as part of a complex that includes the Rad50 and NBS1 protein and is thought to act in the same pathway as the A-T mutated (ATM) protein. By itself, the protein has 3' to 5' exonuclease activity and endonuclease activity. The protein forms a complex with the RAD50 homolog; this complex is required for non-homologous joining of DNA ends and possesses increased single-stranded DNA endonuclease and 3' to 5' exonuclease activities. In conjunction with a DNA ligase, this protein promotes the joining of noncomplementary ends in vitro using short homologies near the ends of the DNA fragments. Mutations in this protein result in a novel ataxia telangiectasia-like disorder (ATLD). Unlike the ATM protein, MRE11 is necessary proper mammalian development.
- 1: Stewart GS, Maser RS, Stankovic T, et al. The DNA double-strand break repair gene hMRE11 is mutated in individuals with an ataxia telangiectasia-like disorder. Cell1999; 99:577-87.
- 2: Buis J, Wu Y, Deng Y, et al. Mre11 nuclease activity has essential roles in DNA repair and genomic stability distinct from ATM activation. Cell2008; 135:85-96.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5547
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin