- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat (82%), Bovine: (82%), Pig: (82%), Chicken: (71%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-MPYS antibody (5269) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human MPYS.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 260-310 of MPYS.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; ICC: 5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 17-208 - A-20 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 42kD
Observed: 42 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 1) shows similar MPYS expression profile in human cell lines detected by two independent anti-MPYS antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 5269 against near C-terminus domain and 64-236 against C-terminus domain. MPYS proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human MPYS has one isoform (379aa, 42kD). Mouse MPYS has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (379aa, 42kD), isoform 2 (427aa, 48kD) and isoform 3 (337aa, 38kD). Rat MPYS also has one isoform (379aa, 43kD). 5269 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: MPYS Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MPYS Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MPYS antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TMEM173
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MPYS Antibody: ERIS, MITA, MPYS, NET23, STING, ERIS, Stimulator of interferon genes protein, Endoplasmic reticulum interferon stimulator, hSTING
- Protein Accession Number: NP_938023
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 38093659
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 340061
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MPYS Antibody: MPYS is a recently identified plasma membrane tetraspanner that is associated with major histocompatibility complex class II (MHC-II) and mediates its transduction of apoptotic signals. It has also been found to be associated with VISA, a mitochondrial protein that acts as an adaptor in virus-triggered signaling. MPYS also interacts with IRF3 and recruits the kinase TBK1 to the VISA-associated complex, acting as a critical mediator of virus-triggered IRF3 activation and interferon (IFN) expression. It is thought that the binding of nucleic acid to the innate immune protein RIG-I causes complex formation between RIG-I, VISA, and MPYS. This complex then recruits TBK1 to phosphorylate IRF3 which then directly activates IFN transcription. At least three isoforms of MPYS are known to exist.
- 1: Jin et al. Mol. Cell. Biol.2008; 28:5014-26.
- 2: Zhong et al. Immunity2008; 29:538-50.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5269
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin