- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This Mouse Lck antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 20-47 amino acids from the N-terminal region of mouse Lck.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 58 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Lck
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase LCK, Leukocyte C-terminal Src kinase, LSK, Lymphocyte cell-specific protein-tyrosine kinase, p56-LCK, Lck, Lsk-t
- Protein Accession Number: P06240
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 16818
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Tyrosine kinase that plays an essential role for the selection and maturation of developing T-cell in the thymus and in mature T-cell function. Is constitutively associated with the cytoplasmic portions of the CD4 and CD8 surface receptors and plays a key role in T-cell antigen receptor(TCR)-linked signal transduction pathways. Association of the TCR with a peptide antigen-bound MHC complex facilitates the interaction of CD4 and CD8 with MHC class II and class I molecules, respectively, and thereby recruits the associated LCK to the vicinity of the TCR/CD3 complex. LCK then phosphorylates tyrosines residues within the immunoreceptor tyrosines-based activation motifs (ITAMs) in the cytoplasmic tails of the TCRgamma chains and CD3 subunits, initiating the TCR/CD3 signaling pathway. In addition, contributes to signaling by other receptor molecules. Associates directly with the cytoplasmic tail of CD2, and upon engagement of the CD2 molecule, LCK undergoes hyperphosphorylation and activation. Also plays a role in the IL2 receptor-linked signaling pathway that controls T-cell proliferative response. Binding of IL2 to its receptor results in increased activity of LCK. Is expressed at all stages of thymocyte development and is required for the regulation of maturation events that are governed by both pre-TCR and mature alpha beta TCR (By similarity).
- 1: Visan, I., et al. J. Immunol. 185(8):4609-4617(2010)
- 2: Chrobak, P., et al. J. Immunol. 185(7):3948-3959(2010)
- 3: McCoy, M.E., et al. J. Immunol. 185(6):3285-3294(2010)
- 4: Veillette, A., et al. J. Immunol. 185(5):2650-2657(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 57-514
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.