- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (80%)
- IMMUNOGEN: MMS21 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human MMS21.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 170 - 220 of MMS21.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MMS21 antibody can be used for detection of MMS21 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 27 kDa
Observed: 30 kDa
- PURIFICATION: MMS21 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MMS21 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MMS21 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NSMCE2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MMS21 Antibody: NSE2, MMS21, ZMIZ7, C8orf36, E3 SUMO-protein ligase NSE2, MMS21 homolog, hMMS21
- Protein Accession Number: NP_775956
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 27734761
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 286053
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MMS21 Antibody: MMS21, also known as NSE2, is a SUMO ligase that in combination with the SMC5/6 complex is required for the prevention of DNA damage induced apoptosis by facilitating DNA repair in human cells. MMS21-dependent sumoylation is integral and important to the cohesion mechanism and mitotic progression; this function appears to be independent of SMC6. MMS21 mediates SUMO attachment to various proteins such as SMC6L1 and TRAX, and possibly the cohesin components RAD21 and STAG2.
- 1: Potts PR and Yu H. Human MMS21/NSE2 is a SUMO ligase required for DNA repair. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2005; 25:7021-32.
- 2: Behlke-Steinert S, Touat-Todeschini L, Skoufias DA, et al. SMC5 and MMS21 are required for chromosome cohesion and mitotic progression. Cell Cycle 2009; 8:2211-8.
- 3: Bermudez-Lopez M, Ceschia A, de Piccoli G, et al. The Smc5/6 complex is required for dissolution of DNA-mediated sister chromatid linkages. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010; 38:6502-12.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5759
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin