- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 30 - Cys 660
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 71.8 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its ability to cleave the fluorogenic peptide substrate, Mca-PLGL-Dpa-AR-NH2. The specific activity is >1,000 pmol/min/μg.
- PURITY: >92% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM Tris, 150 mM NaCl, pH8.0
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MMP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MMP2, CLG4, CLG4A, MMP-II, MONA, TBE-1
- Protein Accession Number: AAH02576
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4313
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) is also known as 72 kDa type IV collagenase, 72 kDa gelatinase, Gelatinase A and CLG4A, which belongs to the peptidase M10A family. MMP-2 / CLG4A contains 3 fibronectin type-II domains and 4 hemopexin-like domains. MMP-2 is produced by normal skin fibroblasts. MMP-2 cleaves the collagen-like sequence Pro-Gln-Gly- | -Ile-Ala-Gly-Gln. MMP2 involved in diverse functions such as remodeling of the vasculature, angiogenesis, tissue repair, tumor invasion, inflammation, and atherosclerotic plaque rupture. As well as degrading extracellular matrix proteins, can also act on several nonmatrix proteins such as big endothelial 1 and beta-type CGRP promoting vasoconstriction. Also cleaves KISS at a Gly- | -Leu bond. Appears to have a role in myocardial cell death pathways. Contributes to myocardial oxidative stress by regulating the activity of GSK3beta. Cleaves GSK3beta in vitro. PEX, the C-terminal non-catalytic fragment of MMP2, posseses anti-angiogenic and anti-tumor properties and inhibits cell migration and cell adhesion to FGF2 and vitronectin.
- 1: Brooks P.C., et al., 1998, Cell 92:391-400.
- 2: Fernandez-Patron C., et al., 1999, Circ. Res. 85:906-911.
- 3: Fernandez-Patron C., et al., 2000, Circ. Res. 87:670-676.
- 4: Bello L., et al., 2001, Cancer Res. 61:8730-8736.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-538
Product Discontinued. Please contact us for alternate product(s).
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin