- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This MLPH antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 541-569 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human MLPH.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 66 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MLPH
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Melanophilin, Exophilin-3, Slp homolog lacking C2 domains a, SlaC2-a, Synaptotagmin-like protein 2a, MLPH, SLAC2A
- Protein Accession Number: Q9BV36
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 32129730
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79083
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes a member of the exophilin subfamily ofRab effector proteins. The protein forms a ternary complex with thesmall Ras-related GTPase Rab27A in its GTP-bound form and the motorprotein myosin Va. A similar protein complex in mouse functions totether pigment-producing organelles called melanosomes to the actincytoskeleton in melanocytes, and is required for visiblepigmentation in the hair and skin. A mutation in this gene resultsin Griscelli syndrome type 3, which is characterized by asilver-gray hair color and abnormal pigment distribution in thehair shaft. Several alternatively spliced transcript variants ofthis gene have been described, but the full-length nature of someof these variants has not been determined.
- 1: Park, J.W., et al. J. Med. Genet. 43(7):598-608(2006)
- 2: Seabra, M.C., et al. Traffic 5(6):393-399(2004)
- 3: Fukuda, M., et al. J. Cell. Sci. 117 (PT 4), 583-591 (2004) :
- 4: Lukusa, T., et al. Genet. Couns. 15(3):293-301(2004)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-536
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.