- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: MKRN3 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human MKRN3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 400 - 450 of MKRN3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MKRN3 antibody can be used for detection of MKRN3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: MKRN3 antibody is human specific. MKRN3 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the MKRN protein family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 55 kDa
Observed: 55 kDa
- PURIFICATION: MKRN3 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MKRN3 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MKRN3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MKRN3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Makorin ring finger 3, CPPB2, D15S9, RNF63, ZFP127, ZNF127
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005655
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5032243
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7681
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The Makorin ring finger 3 (MKRN3) protein contains a RING (C3HC4) zinc finger motif and several C3H zinc finger motifs. The MKRN3 gene is intronless and imprinted, with expression only from the paternal allele. Disruption of the imprinting at this locus may contribute to Prader-Willi syndrome (1), but a deletion of the gene does not (2). A deficiency of MKRN3 has been shown to cause central precocious puberty in humans (3).
- 1: Jong MT, Gray TA, Ji Y, et al. A novel imprinted gene, encoding a RING zinc-finger protein, a overlapping antisense transcript in the Prader-Willi syndrome critical region. Hum. Mol. Genet. 1999; 8:783-93.
- 2: Kanber D, Giltay J, Wieczorek D, et al. A paternal deletion of MKRN3, MAGEL2 and NDN does not result in Prader-Willi syndrome. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2009; 17:582-90.
- 3: Abreu AP, Dauber A, Macedo DB, et al. Central precocious puberty caused by mutations in the imprinting gene MKRN3. N. Engl. J. Med. 2013; 368:2467-75.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8145
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.