- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Expected Species Reactivity based on sequence homology: Rat, Dog, Pig, Cow
- IMMUNOGEN: The immunogen for this antibody is: C-PQVLEAQRRHQKEKS
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC, IP, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Peptide ELISA: antibody detection limit dilution 1:64000.Western Blot:In transfected HEK293 transiently expressing either Mouse MK5 fused to GFP or the similar Mouse MK2 fused to GFP , only the expected band was observed in the MK5 lane after EB11928 labeling. Data obtained from Dr. M. B. Menon, Inst. Biochemistry, Hannover Medical School, Germany. Recommended concentration, 0.5-1ug/ml.Immunohistochemistry:In paraffin embedded Human Kidney shows nuclear staining in the DCT. Recommended concentration, 4-8ug/ml.Immunoprecipitation: MK5/ERK3 double knockout Mouse Embryonic Fibroblasts (MEFs) retrovirally transduced wiith MK5/ERK3 or empty vector (GFP) were lysed from confluent plates and used for IP with 1.5ug EB11927 or EB11928. Western blots of the IP were labelled with mouse anti-MK5 (SC) or with rabbit anti-ERK3 serum (CST). An approx 55kDa of MK5 is only precipitated from lysates of those KO MEFs that have been rescued by the ERK3/MK5 expression construct as described in PMID: 22508986. Data obtained from Dr. M. B. Menon, Inst. Biochemistry, Hannover Medical School, Germany.
- PURIFICATION: Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied at 0.5 mg/ml in Tris saline, 0.02% sodium azide, pH7.3 with 0.5% bovine serum albumin.Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- CONCENTRATION: 500 ug/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MK5 / MAPKAPK5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MAPKAPK5, mitogen-activated protein kinase-activated protein kinase 5, MAPKAP-K5, MK-5, MK5, PRAK, MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 5, MAPK-activated protein kinase 5, MAPKAP kinase 5, MAPKAPK-5, p38-regulated/activated protein kinase
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003659.2,NP_620777.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 52000829
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8550
- 1: Yoshizuka N, Chen RM, Xu Z, Liao R, Hong L, Hu WY, Yu G, Han J, Chen L, Sun P.A novel function of p38-regulated/activated kinase in endothelial cell migration and tumor angiogenesis.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 43-312
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.