- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: 287-417
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor antibody can be used for the detection of Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor by Western Blot.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 58.8 kDa (calculated)
- PURIFICATION: Immunoaffinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-Buffered Saline. No preservatives added.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MITF antibody can be stored at 4°C for short term (weeks). Long term storage should be at -20°C. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MITF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BHLHE32, Microphthalmia-associated transcription factor, Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 32, bHLHe32, MI, WS2, CMM8, WS2A, Microphthalmiaassociated transcription factor
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000239.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557755
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4286
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FUNCTION: Transcription factor for tyrosinase and tyrosinase-related protein 1. Binds to a symmetrical DNA sequence (E-boxes) (5'-CACGTG-3') found in the tyrosinase promoter. Plays a critical role in the differentiation of various cell types as neural crest-derived melanocytes, mast cells, osteoclasts and optic cup-derived retinal pigment epithelium.
DISEASE: Defects in MITF are the cause of Tietz syndrome [MIM:103500]. It is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by generalized hypopigmentation and profound, congenital, bilateral deafness. Penetrance is complete
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XW-7806
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $585.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.