- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Mimitin antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human Mimitin.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Mimitin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Mimitin antibody can be used for detection of Mimitin by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunoflourescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-007 - Raji Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: Mimitin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Mimitin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Mimitin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NDUFAF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Mimitin Antibody: MMTN, B17.2L, mimitin, NDUFA12L, Mimitin, mitochondrial, Myc-induced mitochondrial protein, MMTN
- Protein Accession Number: NP_777549
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 29789409
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 91942
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Mimitin Antibody: Mimitin, a small mitochondrial protein, whose transcription is directly stimulated by c-Myc, is highly expressed in 80% of esophageal squamous cell carcinomas (ESCC). Suppression of Mimitin expression by RNA interference had no effect in cancerous cell lines such as human cervical carcinoma or hepatocarcinoma cell lines, but caused a decrease in cell proliferation in human glioblastoma, embryonic lung fibroblastic cells, and ESCC, suggesting Mimitin may play a special role in these types of cells. Mimitin expression is also regulated by MAPK kinases and IL-1, but not through the NF-κB-related pathway. It will interact with the microtubular protein MAP1S and can affect the activities of caspase-3 and -7 in cells stimulated to develop apoptosis. Other experiments suggest that Mimitin also acts as a molecular chaperone for the assembly of the mitochondrial complex I.
- 1: Tsuneoka M, Teye K, Arima M, et al. A novel Myc-target gene, mimitin, that is involved in cell proliferation of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J. Biol. Chem.2005; 280:19977-85.
- 2: Wegrzyn P, Yarwood SJ, Fiegler N, et al. Mimitin - a novel cytokine-regulated mitochondrial protein. BMC Cell Biol.2009; 10:23.
- 3: Ogilvie I, Kennaway NG, and Shoubridge EA. A molecular chaperone for mitochondrial complex I assembly is mutated in a progressive encephalopathy. J. Clin. Invest.2005; 115:2784-92.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5445
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin