- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met1-Ala115
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 12.5 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB,150mM NaCl,pH7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MIF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Macrophage migration inhibitory factor, MIF, MMIF, Glycosylation-inhibiting factor, GLIF, L-dopachrome tautomerase, Phenylpyruvate tautomerase
- Protein Accession Number: P14174
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 524552373
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4282
- Human MIF is a 12.5 kDa, 115 amino acid (aa) nonglycosylated polypeptide that is synthesized without asignal sequence .Secretion occurs nonclassically via an ABCA1 transporter.Pro-inflammatory cytokine.Involved in the innate immune response to bacterial pathogens. The expression of MIF at sites ofinflammation suggests a role as mediator in regulating the function of acrophages in host defense.Counteracts the anti-inflammatory activity of glucocorticoids. Has phenylpyruvate tautomerase anddopachrome tautomerase activity (in vitro), but the physiological substrate is not known. It is not clearwhether the tautomerase activity has any physiological relevance, and whether it is important for cytokineactivity.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-250
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $635.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin