- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: HHHHHHHHAM PMFIVNTNVP RASVPDGFLS ELTQQLAQAT GKPPQYIAVH VVPDQLMAFG GSSEPCALCS LHSIGKIGGA QNRSYSKLLC GLLAERLRIS PDRVYINYYD MNAANVGWNN STFA
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to inhibit monocyte migration.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MIF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Macrophage Migration, Inhibitory Factor, GLIF, MMIF, GIF, Glycosylation-inhibiting factor
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4282
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) is a small secreted protein that can act as a pleiotropic pro-inflammatory cytokine, as well as an enzyme. MIF pro-inflammatory activity can be initiated by signaling through CD74 and CD44, resulting in the secretion of TNF-a, IL-1, IL-6, IL-8, and various MMPs. The enzymatic activity of MIF is characterized by its ability to act as a tautomerase, capable of catalyzing the keto-to-enol isomerization of keto-phenylpyruvate and L-dopachrome. It appears as though MIF catalytic activity is dependent upon a trimeric configuration and a free N-terminal proline residue. Insect cell-derived Recombinant Human MIF is a 15 kDa protein containing 124 amino acid residues, including an N-terminal His-tag.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-689
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805