- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: VAKKKDKVKK GGPGSECAEW AWGPCTPSSK DCGVGFREGT CGAQTQRIRC RVPCNWKKEF GADCKYKFEN WGACDGGTGT KVRQGTLKKA RYNAQCQETI RVTKPCTPKT KAKAKAKKGK GKD
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by its ability to chemoattract human neutrophils using a concentration range of 0.1 - 10.0 ng/mL.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Midkine recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Midkine is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Midkine recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MDK
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MK, ARAP, NEGF2, MK1, Midkine, Amphiregulin-associated protein, MK
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001012333.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 59894796
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4192
- Midkine (MK) and its functionally-related protein Pleiotrophin are heparin-binding neurotrophic factors that signal through the same receptor, known as anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK). MK plays an important regulatory role in epithelial-mesenchymal interactions during fetal development and in postnatal lung development. MK chemoattracts embryonic neurons, neutrophils and macrophages, and by signaling through the ALK receptor it exerts angiogenic, growth and survival activities during tumorgenesis. Recombinant human Midkine is a 13.4 kDa protein containing 123 amino acid residues including five intra-molecular disulfide bonds.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-504
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.02 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.